Job Opportunity - Forestry Consultant
Form International is a forest management and services company that manages forest assets in tropical countries and delivers a range of technical and financial services to clients worldwide.
The firm started over 25 years ago as a consultancy advising the global forestry and timber trade sectors on the practical implementation of sustainable forest management of natural forests, forest certification (FSC, PEFC, legal compliance), timber trade and reforestation. Today, the firm is active both as an advisor in the forest sector and as developer and manager of (agro)forestry assets and forest landscape restoration programmes. Assets under management for our clients encompass 27,000 hectares of sustainable forest plantations, forest restoration, nature conservation and agroforestry in Ghana and Tanzania, with expansion into new projects and geographies currently being developed.
Form International was established in 1992 and is based in Hattem, The Netherlands. The team is characterized by an ambitious, down-to-earth mentality and a practical approach. All experts and managers have international working experience, mainly in tropical countries. The organisational structure is open and informal with direct communication between management and staff. At Form International there is room for creativity, personal input and knowledge sharing.
In order to satisfy the growing demand for our services we are looking for a Forestry Consultant to join the team in Hattem.
As Forestry Consultant at Form International
you will join the team working in the field of forestry investments, forest landscape restoration, sustainable forest management, forest & climate, certification and agroforestry, as advisor and as team member delivering various project preparation and implementation tasks. You will work on short term and long term assignments for a mix of public, private and NGO clients. Large programmes are normally executed in collaboration with other organisations. Assigned duties will be diverse and matched with the specific skills of the successful candidate. For this position it is foreseen that the emphasis will be on forest landscape restoration (including community and stakeholder aspects) and forest & climate. The position will require international travelling on a regular basis.
Within Form International
's fields of work:
· Design and preparation of project proposals and budgets
· Project planning and implementation (including travel to project sites)
· Provision of advice to clients and colleagues
· Data analysis and reporting
· Other support work as needed
· BSc (HBO) / MSc degree level qualification in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Tropical Agriculture or related field
· Knowledge of and experience in the field of sustainable forest management in the tropics
· Good analytical qualities
· At least 3 years of working experience
· Strong verbal and written English language skills, French is an advantage
· Good (intercultural) communication skills, able to work independently and in a team
· Experience with social aspects of natural resource management is an advantage (stakeholder and community
engagement, public-private partnerships, IFC performance standards)
· Experience with climate change related to forests and forestry is an advantage (carbon certification standards,
carbon markets and trade, ARR, REDD+)
· The ability to take initiative and innovate
We particularly welcome female applicants for this position.
Form International offers
· A full-time position as Forestry Consultant (at least 32 hours/week)
· A market conform salary and secondary terms of employment, fitting your knowledge and experience
· A high degree of independence and responsibility
· A tightly-knit team of professional and experienced colleagues, that cooperate in an informal way
· An excellent work climate with perspectives for further development
We invite you to send your application letter and CV to: email@example.com
(closing date for applications: 29 March 2020).
For the attention of Mr Rik Sools (Technical Director)
Form International | Eijerdijk 87 | 8051 MS Hattem | The Netherlands
t +31 (0) 38 4448990 | www.forminternational.nl